Tuesday, July 14, 2009

New City

July 12 2009

On Sunday we made our voyage from Saaremaa to the beach town of Pärnu. I don’t know why but travel days make me so tired, even though we don’t really do anything but ride on bus for a few hours. Our new hostel is right in the old town so it makes shopping and café-going pretty convenient. Unfortunately, I think I’m pretty much shopped-out. I know, it’s unbelievable that I of all people should no longer be in the mood for shopping but it’s true. I’ve bought so many things, I just don’t know what to do with myself anymore.

After we arrived to Pärnu, we settled into our rooms and Nicole and I went to get some pizza. I ate this Pizza Mexicana which tasted a little strangely. I should have known better than to try eating Mexican food in Europe again. The last time that happened I was pretty disappointed. I suppose most Europeans have never had real Mexican food so I can’t blame them. Anyway, it turned out to be this odd pepperoni pizza with chunks of jalapeños and strange sauce. I was so starving though that it didn’t really matter anymore. After that I decided to be a lazy bum and take a nap. Hopefully I’ll have a bit more motivation to go out and do fun things the rest of this trip.

No comments: